One of the worst reasons for having trying in order to avoid wheat (at least for me personally!) may be the thought of not having cakes and biscuits any more. Personally I don’t have the stength to avoid things such as this so having a healthier option is always going to be a winner! I find it easy to avoid breads and pasta but a nice slice of cake with a sit down elsewhere is a little bit of heaven. (Notice to self – investigate the chance of healthful banoffee pie. I possibly could make thousands.)
This was my first attempt at baking with coconut flour and I have to say these carrot muffins were a roaring success. I ate 2 of these as soon as they came out of the range – please inform me I’m not the only one who does this? ‘Leave to great’ – Seriously!?.
I immediately regretted just making 1 batch. They’re very quick to throw jointly though so I can see plenty of these in my own future! I’m thinking lemon and blueberry or hot cross bun illustration even coffee flavoured. They’re very handy for breakfast time – and convenient to throw right into a lunch container also.
They freeze very well and will have defrosted within your lunch time package by lunchtime. This recipe for carrot muffins originated from the reserve The FODMAP Remedy which I bought within the kindle shop. This is actually the initial recipe I made from this publication, it has been such a success I’m sure I’ll be attempting more! The formula is certainly moderate in FODMAPs as a result of the almond flour – so if you are following that diet you should probably adhere to simply 1 of these – woops.
In the plus side they are gluten free, dairy free and clear of refined sugars and all guilt. After all there’s banana, carrot and coconut in here, that’s 3 of the 5-a-day
Elements for Carrot Muffins
1 heaped teaspoon of floor cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 huge ripe banana
1 teaspoon of baking powder (gluten free)
1. Preheat range to 180C Fan. Grease your muffin tin using the coconut essential oil. I made a few of these in paper and some directly in the tin. They turn out much better carried out directly in the tin!
2. Lightly defeat the 4 eggs. In a small bowl mash the banana and add the maple syrup, vanilla and carrots. Mix these in with the eggs.
3. Mix the dry elements in. Combine unless you get a fine batter. Spoon it into the muffin tin. (Take note: The initial recipe called for sodium, I didn’t place it in. In addition, it asked for a tablespoon of cinnamon – I utilized a heaped teaspoon instead and it had been a lot. Finally, I added baking powder – be sure to make use of gluten free when i was scared they’d be like little stones without it….)
4. Bake for 25-30 mins until they are crispy at the top and springy to touch.
5. Great the carrot muffins in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out. (I will not judge you unless you follow this task.)
We made whipped coconut cream with vanilla and maple syrup to serve these with. It’s therefore tasty with one of these muffins. I adopted the steps here to make it.
They’ll retain in an airtight container for 3 days and can freeze well wrapped in clingfilm.
You might like these posts also: